Fun Facts About Raccoons For Preschoolers: Friends, today we are going to tell you some fun facts about raccoons for preschoolers that You did not know till today. You must have seen the exploits of these little devil animals in your backyard. After seeing this destruction, you want to know more about these creatures. Your wish will be fulfilled in this article.
1. The raccoons are a very old animal that has been living on the earth for several thousand years.
2. Raccoons are found in North America, Europe, and Japan. Toronto is considered to be a hub of raccoons due to a large number of raccoons in Toronto.
3. A raccoon can weigh from 2 to 10 kg and can be from 23 to 27 inches long.
4. A raccoon can run at a speed of 25 kilometers per hour.
5. The raccoons live with their mother for 8 to 12 months after birth then they become independent.
6. You can identify the raccoon with the black circle around their eyes.
7. Raccoons are more active at night because they can see better at night.
8. Raccoons mostly like to live in the forest, backyards, gardens, and old empty houses.
9. Raccoons are very destructive because they cause damage to goods.
10. Raccoons are very intelligent. They can solve any puzzle easily.
11. Raccoons eat insects, fruits, birds, frogs, bird eggs, and seeds.
12. The raccoons live only 2 to 3 years in the forest. While if they are kept domesticated, they can live up to 20 years.
13. Raccoons sleep a lot in winter and can lose up to half of their weight in winter.
14. It has been found in the research that raccoons can easily spread rabies disease. So, they should not be reared in the house.
15. Scientists previously selected raccoons for research instead of a rat.
16. Raccoons breed in the winter and produce baby raccoons in summer. The raccoon has a gestation period of 2 to 2.5 months. They can give birth to 1 to 6 baby raccoons at a time.
17. Once America exported raccoon to Europe for fur.
18. The raccoon cartoon was once very famous in Japan. So Japan imported raccoons on children’s demand.
19. Raccoons can feel anything by touching while other animals smell the things.
20. The raccoons take care of the cleanliness. They eat their food after cleaning with water. If there is no water, they clean it with their hands.
21. The female raccoons mostly prefer to live in a group but they leave the group to have a baby raccoon.
22. A raccoon can make 200 kinds of sounds to talk to each other.
What are three facts about raccoons?
Raccoons sleep a lot in winter, Raccoons are very intelligent and raccoons can run at the speed of 25 kilometers per hour.
What is special about raccoons?
Raccoons can feel anything by touching.
What kind of toys do raccoons like?
Raccoons like ball like toys.
We hope you have enjoyed the information fun facts about raccoons for preschoolers. You can give your suggestions about it in the comment below.
Read more Fun Facts: