Table of Contents
Facts about Red Pandas for Kids: Hi kids today We’ll be sharing with you 19 interesting fun facts you didn’t know about red pandas.
1. The average lifespan of a red panda in the wild is 8 to 12 years.
2. Red pandas eat mostly bamboo but also other fruits like Kwan’s roots and egg number.
3. The internet browser Firefox is named after the red panda number.
4. Red pandas like to spend most of their time in the trees their claws help them move easily from branch to branch number.
5. Red pandas are endangered there are less than 10,000 of them left.
6. A single litter of baby red pandas has about four cubs.
7. The average male red panda is eight to fourteen pounds the female average is six to thirteen pounds.
8. The red panda tends to live alone but they sometimes travel in pairs or with family.
9. Red pandas are actually only a bit larger than a housing cap. which means they’re a lot smaller than the famous giant pandas.
10. Red pandas eat about 200,000 leaves of bamboo a day.
11. Red pandas are one of the few animals on the planet that can climb straight down a tree.
12. While an adult red panda grows to be around 60 centimetres in length their tail can grow to around 50 centimetres this makes curling up at night with a warm furry blanket very convenient.
13. The markings on a red panda’s face help them survive. The reddish tear tracks extending from their eyes to the corner of their mouth may help keep the sun out of their eyes.
14. The white on their face is almost luminescent and can guide a mother’s lost cubs in the darkness.
15. The sound they make is known as twittering like giant pandas.
16. Red pandas have an extra thumb which is an enlarged bone for grabbing bamboo stems and tree branches.
17. Red pandas have fur covering the soles of their feet which are believed to add extra insulation from the cold and help grip onto slippery mossy branches.
18. Red pandas recognise each other by using their sense of smell.
19. Red pandas lick themselves clean just like house cats.
What is unique about red pandas?
Red pandas eat about 200,000 leaves of bamboo a day.
Can red pandas swim?
Yes, red pandas can swim.
Do red pandas drink water?
Yes, like giant pandas red pandas drink water with their paws.
What are baby red pandas called?
Baby red pandas are called cubs.
Do you like red pandas or giant pandas comment below. We hope you have liked the article facts about red pandas for kids. Please keep visiting the site for more fun facts. We’ll see you next time bye.